1, 2 September 2014
The Pacific may look harmless in this picture, but if you've been watching the news, CA beach life-guards have been performing rescues all up and down the coast! In fact, when I talked to the lifeguard today, he said the conditions (the wind and waves and the sand moving along the ocean floor) made it ripe for rip currents. He was whistling swimmers in from the deep water, like the lifeguard in Oceanside last week. The waves rocked--literally! I caught over a dozen good ones and was able to ride my boogie board all the way into shore. After an hour of surfing, AND being slammed down onto the sand under the water, AND getting knocked flat by several waves while wading out, AND dropping off to nowhere when I was only up to my waist in the ocean, AND nearly getting my suit sucked off my body a few times (By the way, Christina Schultz, I think it's time for a new swimsuit. This one is nearly as stretched out as my stupid polka dot one was!), I called it a day. Gonna have a nice bruise on my right knee! BUT, as usual, it was a blast!!!!!!! The halibut was exquisite, by the way.......
And so it starts.......this seemingly never ending season that threatens to stretch my heart to the breaking point, Babe. It commences with football season, and like a bullet, blows right through your birthday, our anniversary, the motorcycle accident, even surprisingly--Halloween, your death, Thanksgiving, Mike Schultz's passing, Christmas, the snow, New Year's, and on to the Super Bowl. SO much of what you loved was centered in this space in time. You almost "lit" up when all of it was going on around you, and the world would get to see another side of you! Today, you would have been 54 years old, only a year away from being an "official" senior citizen. That title would NEVER have suited you! So, Happy Birthday, Bret! I celebrated by going to the beach and catching some waves, like we loved to do, and I had one of your favorite desserts last night, a chocolate fudge brownie cake, topped with ice cream, and I even sang Happy Birthday to you at the beach! I have always wondered if they celebrate the day you were born, or the day you were born again in Heaven? Guess I will just have to wait to find out.......I love you right up to the moon and back, Bret Wayne Trone!





No comments:
Post a Comment